Lamppost and bollard charge
points for on-street charging
Designed to fit into existing street furniture, our lamppost and bollard charge points are perfect for rapid residential rollouts.
Contact us to find out more about the rollout of lamppost and bollard charge points in your area.
Why are lamppost charge points a crucial part of EV charging infrastructure?
Typically, electric vehicle users will access a variety of different charge points in their day to day driving, the types of chargers used differ depending on the situation the driver finds themselves in. For example, whilst travelling long distances, fast & rapid charging points may be favoured. However, research shows that at or near-home charging is the most desired charging location.
Eight million UK households and just under a quarter (24%) of households in England do not have access to off-street or private parking. With charge point accessibility being one of the largest barriers to EV adoption, ubitricity lamppost and bollard charge points provide a low power, low cost and near home charging option.
Lamppost and bollard charging at a glance
ubitricity lamppost and bollard charge points…
- are integrated into the existing infrastructure and keep footpaths clear
- provide a low cost near home charging option
- are well-suited to areas with long swell times or overnight charging
London: More than 7,000
ubitricity charge points
In London, lamppost and bollard charge points have proven their positive effect on the development of the mobility transition. Since 2018, ubitricity has installed more than 7,000 charging points there and thus contributed significantly to the progress of the mobility transition.
Get to know
ubitricity in the UK
Learn more about our innovative lamppost and bollard technology and how we are transforming the UK’s charging world.
ubitricity lamppost charge points
- Uses existing infrastructure
- Keeps footpaths free
- Short planning, highly scalable & quick installation
- Easy to use for all EV drivers
- Easy to relocate if required
- Fully compliant to UK standards
- Low investment and operating costs
ubitricity bollard charge points
- Utilises existing power from street lights
- ELEXON approved for use with unmetered supplies
- Reduces street clutter, no need for a separate metered cabinet
- Ideal for roads with no or sparse street lights or lights further away from the kerb
- Option of multiple installations from feeder pillar
- Ideal for car parks
- Bollard self-rights after any vehicle strike
- Typical power – 5kW
Technical data of lamppost charger CHELSEA
- Charging capacity: Standard max. 5kW (single-phase, 25 A)
- Rated voltage: 230V
- Charging mode: Mode 3
- Communication protocols: OCPP v1.6 Core + communication protocol, Firmware over-the-air updates
- Housing: Suitable for poles with an inner diameter of > 110 mm in the base and > 67 mm in the column
Get in touch to expand your
public charging infrastructure
Are you interested in installing fast charge points in your area or would you like to learn more about fast charging in general?
Arrange a meeting with our team by filling out the contact form. We look forward to speaking to you soon.
If you are looking to get in touch with our customer service team please click here
If you are an EV driver looking to request a charge point near you please request a charge point here